Friendship, family, food and fun


This note is written with  heart opens so wide and mind jiggling with the idea if I should  order a pizza and mouth sipping my mother's delicious steaming hot chicken soup made for  Reza, my brother who is  not feeling very well.I am currently  eating , writing  while glancing at the Nat geo showing my  favorite elephant show.



" Food is so much more than fuel-it's a catalyst for emotion, a historical journey, a rite,a celebration, a three times-daily act of giving and receiving love and a fine opportunity of exhibitionism"

My family loves food, throughout my life  spent  all over the globe, I enjoy eating food different from my own segment of taste, since I was  a kid I challenged myself to  various palette .From small districts where we enjoy our steamed fish with   plums,  tofu soup with salted vegetables  or that freshly baked  bread slapped with  freshly made kaya by Auntie Helen and her brother   Uncle Jerry who passed away 10 years ago to big cities restaurant where Mum and I usually meet my late father for steak lunch .I love food and I am a merciless critic, my close friends would say "Azura is very fiery when it comes to bad food" and I don't sugarcoat my words.I got it from my mother, she is also a very fussy eater...cleanliness of the  floor to the chefs is at the corner of her eyes.
With those being written, I just say that   when I stumbled  upon some really bad restaurant , I try not to blog about it, this is one to one - having  balls  and pride situation , if  the restaurant screws up, tell the owner and  sort them  out verbally or written ... publicising about  is not an act of a brave person.
if I want to write something  bad  name it about restaurants or some people I met , we can have an encyclopedia of insults.

I have been eating at The Equatorial for as long as I live, whenever we were in KL for our summer holiday, we would always , always come to Nipah for food, although at one time I stopped going there, at this moment , I can't find any  other place comparable  to the comfort, friendliness and  homely taste  that Nipah gave me.I went in my  designer's attire or shorts and t shirt...the service are always consistent being served in less than 60 seconds.This is definitely a  service record, even at some posh resort I stayed at ... they made me wait for 20 minutes during peak time...that's just for a glass of water.But at Nipah , that  never happened  to me.
Growing up together have been a  great experience, I must say .Thank You Nipah for being  part of my life.3 generations and we are still with you.

Recently I was invited by the Equatorial team led by Mr Alan the GM , of course  prior to that I was invited  three times by My Zainal , Chef Anthony and  Mr Hamidi, (you can imagine how welcomed I felt!)to their preview of Ramadhan breaking fast  buffet spread .Wow is the word and I would truly recommend this without prejudice, If  say it's good ...it's really good.
During ramadhan , Moslem's fasting month ,  Nipah also comes up with Tiffin set and  you can order it to be delivered.Because I will be tired  I will be ordering that as well .At the preview, I tasted some Hari raya cookies and feeling greedy I would go and prebook  their  Kueh Makmur and  Tart because I know their hygiene standard  and ingredients.

There you go Equatorial,... we have been together for 29 years and I think it's about time for me  to brag about you.



Days before the preview, I met Mr Mahadi when I was a little kid until today , that I actually qualify to be a mother to a little kid


Big Fish!


I forgot how many dishes they  will making everyday but they are close to 200! Yes, that's right...200




Equatorial is located in Jalan Sultan Ismail.
for reservations contact 03 2161 7777


<>
<><><><><><><><>
Chef Anthony in action




seafood galore!


Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
NIPAH at Equatorial is the best,the food so good
waliz said…
hi babe..thanks for showing some support..btw i've been to equatorial n stayed they few times..the foods n services were fabulous...!!i lost my digital diary there while making a phone call n they tried vry hard to find it for me..but dah xde rezeki..x jumpa sampai ke sudah..