Sweet dream, Sayangku....



Everytime I said to my brother that we should go for a run at the lake garden whats stopping us is always the objection from the weather , because its raining with heavy thunderstorms down here in Kuala Lumpur almost every afternoon-evening time.

I prefer those days when I was a little girl , where we had lived in small towns.The air is much cleaner ,and the people were a lot more nicer.
If I were to live a small town right now , I would probably run my own farming business ,Chicken farming intrigues me.When I was a child my late Father took me to a friends farm and we are talking big bucks farming here.. and I saw this eggs processing machine and how smoothly the eggs run on its converter belt and how we all got excited when my mother, who is also very good with gardening, harvested the corn and okra that she planted in our garden.Eight year old me thought while giggling at the time when I picked those corn ....
" This is fun, I want to be a beautiful medical doctor cum farmer when I grow up, I want to own a house on a hill by the sea just like Robert Louis Stevenson did and plant plenty of vegetables in my garden"

Almost 20 years later...
I am in this city and I am not a medical doctor, Fumes and smokes had taken over the fresh clean air in my lungs though I didn't smoke .I enjoy going out, dining and often out browsing in shopping malls.The closest I get to farming these days is planting cherry tomatoes and potatoes in England, in my apartment here in the middle of the city Centre I do have an orchid and climbers of money plants scientifically known as Scindapsus Aureus and oh yeah.., in the other house in the suburb of KL where I had planted some herbs.



Sweet dreams are made of these
I don't hate every aspects of this city of mine but tired of its pretentiousness, I hate to compete and I am not going to,I hate the traffic jams and going on a battle everytime I go out .I feel that "a white house on a hill by the sea dream " is within my reach , it is only a matter of time....

Comments

Julie said…
There is a lot to be said about small town living....especially when you are by a lake or something like that. The first picture you have up shows some beautiful country! I would love to live there....except I would have a hard time not being close to a lot of the things you can find in city living. Can't really have it both ways, can you?
That is a picture I took when I was in Tioman, a beautiful island in Malaysia.The water was crystal clear and you could see bright coloured fish swimming beneath it.
Anonymous said…
This is a beautiful picture!
Wherever that is... i wish i could be there for a little vacation!

I live in a very big city myself so this post speaks to me. I grew up in a small town and i often find myself longing for that laid back atmosphere. Big city life can be tough sometimes!
Zenchef,

So we know what its like to smell the clean air ! Its in Malaysia, an island called Tioman.I'll show you the place when you come down here!